WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PLAY?
At least one team member in the the Veterans Golf Classic must be active or veteran U.S. military service member.
Singles are always welcome and will be paired prior to the event.
Two-person team, 54-Hole competition of:
Tournament Round 1 – Best Ball
- Shotgun start at 8:30 AM
- Each member will play their own ball and the lowest score of the two team members will be recorded as the score for that hole.
- Each male team member will use 80% if their current handicap while females 85%.
Tournament Round 2 – Combined Team Net
- Shotgun start at 8:30 AM
- Each team member will play their own ball from tee to green and record their score. Both team member’s scores will be combined for each hole to determine the team score.
- Each member will use 90% of their current handicap
Tournament Round 3 – Scramble
- Shotgun start at 8:30 AM
- Each team member tees off
- Select the best tee shot of the team and both team members will hit from that spot. Continue that process until the ball is holed. A minimum of six tee shots per team member must be used.
- Team handicap will be calculated using 25% of each player’s current handicap
The tournament will be conducted using the USGA Slope Handicap System. Entrants’ handicap indexes will be used to establish a daily handicap based on the USGA slope rating of the course played along with the respective daily team format.
Participants will submit their USGA Handicap or international equivalent via electronic form that will be e-mailed to you on May 15, 2017. Tournament staff will use that factor to flight each team and all handicaps will be based on that information. The submitted Handicap will be evaluated and may be reduced accordingly if any of the following criteria are not met:
a. Entrant does not have twenty (20) scores posted for the calendar year
b. Entrant does not have one (1) tournament round posted in the last 12 months
c. Entrant does not have any scores posted after April 15, 2017
d. Entrant does not provided Handicap Committee with their Handicap Chairman contact information
If a participant’s handicap index for any reason is not an accurate reflection of the participants playing ability, it is THEIR responsibility to notify tournament officials prior to the event. A valid USGA handicap reflects all golf scores regardless of the course or conditions (as long as the round was played under the Rules of Golf), and must be formulated according to the guidelines established by the USGA. Any unusual posting procedures, such as ceasing to post scores for a period leading up to the event, may be grounds for adjustments or disqualification.
The Handicap Committee reserves the right to adjust a participant’s index prior to or during the event.
All participants are required to notify a tournament official of any handicap changes prior to the event and after verification forms are returned.
A difference of .1 in your index can result in one more or less strokes on a given day. Please ensure that the handicap provided is accurate to the decimal place.
Women will be allowed a handicap index up to 40.4 and men up to 36.4 as per the USGA policy.
All handicaps will be subject to the required standard course rating adjustment formula which can be explained further here.
Any participant found, at any time, to be using a fraudulent handicap will be expelled from the tournament and all fees will be forfeited.
In addition, players who score exceptionally low scores will have their handicap reviewed and adjusted if necessary on a daily basis. Any player who scores exceptionally low scores after being adjusted may be disqualified. Any players disqualified will forfeit all paid tournament fees. All decisions of the Tournament Committee are final.
The Veterans Classic will refund any participant that may cancel between their date of entry and May 2, 2017 minus a $35 cancellation fee. Any cancellation received after May 2, 2017 and before the start of registration on June 3, 2017 will be refunded, minus a $100 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after the start of registration on June 3, 2017 will not be refunded any of their entry fee. Any cancellations must be in writing and sent to the Tournament staff either by email or by direct mail. Emails can be sent to email@example.com and written cancellations may be sent to VETERANS CLASSIC REFUNDS/1705 N Oak St, Suite 6/Myrtle Beach SC 29577.
No refunds or exchanges will be made if the tournament is canceled or shortened due to weather or nature.
The USGA Rules of Golf will govern play. Local rules at each course will apply. The Tournament Committee will resolve all disputes regarding every aspect of tournament play.
$260 USD Per returning player (before March 24th), $280 per NEW player
- Entry deadline is May 13, 2017 or first 336 entries, whichever comes first.
- Three (3) rounds of tournament golf
- Green fee, cart fee, range
- Two (2) drink tickets to each golf course; valid for domestic draft beer, soft drink or water
- Welcome Reception & Registration Sunday afternoon
- Bring one (1) Guest complimentary
- Beverages and hors d’oeuvres included
- Awards Banquet Wednesday evening
- Bring one (1) Guest Complimentary
- Dinner and beverages included
- Veterans Classic gift bag with logo hat & shirt and more.
- Top flight finishers awarded prizes
- Daily contest prizes in each flight
- Random Drawing Prizes
*One guest is permitted at all functions. Additional guests may join at all non-golf functions for an additional $50 per person
1705 N Oak St, Suite 6
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
|Toll Free Phone: 800-833-8798