Sea Trail Byrd Course
Following his imaginative style of design, the Willard Byrd Course at Sea Trail is built around seven man-made lakes ranging from 14 to 20 acres. Each hole of the course is most memorable for beauty and exacting play. The waste areas, along with mounding and pot bunkers, require that every hole be approached both differently and strategically in order to reach Sea Trail Byrd’s undulating greens. A picturesque 18th hole placed between two ponds finishes the course at the Jones/Byrd Clubhouse.
- This Willard Byrd course features a constricting tree line, challenging greenside bunkering and lakes ranging from 14 to 20 acres in size.
- Strategically placed approach shots are essential for successful play on Byrd’s undulating greens of Champion Bermuda.
- The course measures 6,740 yards from the blue tees; 6,251 yards from the white tees; 5,561 yards from the gold tees; and 4,621 yards from the red tees.
- Rated 4 STARS by Golf Digest- 2004
- Golfweek Best Resort Course of Distinction- 2004/2005
- Golf Digest 50 Best Courses in Myrtle Beach- 2005
- Golf Digest Top 100 Courses in North Carolina- 2006